WordPress is one of the leading content management systems currently in use. Its popularity is due to a number of features that provide great benefits to the user.
FEATURES OF WORDPRESS
Website users always look for a content management system (CMS) that is easy to use, and few, if any, are as easy to use in their applications as WordPress. Some of the features offered by WordPress are:
• Themes: users have a variety of themes to choose from, and they may switch themes whenever they like. This, of course, means that the user can change the look and functions of the website without changing the content or structure.
• Plugins: WordPress has over 18,000 plugins available to users, which of course means rich opportunities for users to extend the capabilities of the website.
• Widgets: Drag-and-drop sidebars and modules that make the website more functional.
• Multi-user and multi-blogging: the newest feature of WordPress, this means that a user can operate several blogs from the one website, and moderate all the blogs from a single dashboard, or administrative site. Ease of use....that's what WordPress is all about.
• Mobiles: Applications such as WebOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Blackberry, can all be used through the WordPress administrative panel.
• Additional features include: integrated link management, user-friendly permalink structure, multiple categories to articles, and automatic filters.
In addition, these other great benefits and features are available to all WordPress users:
• Full standards compliance (updated continually)
• No rebuilding (changes are made automatically without starting all over)
• WordPress Links
• WordPress Themes
• Cross-blog communication tools
• Comment section (easy to use by all visitors)
• Spam protection
• Password protected posts
• Easy installation and upgrades
• Intelligent text formatting
• Typographical niceties
• Easy importing
• EML-RPC Interface
• Ping-o-Matic exposure
• Full-user registration to allow comments on website
And the list goes on and on. Bottom line is this: website managers and users want ease of use. They want as many capabilities as possible, and they want to use those capabilities without having a Masters in Computer Science. WordPress offers those capabilities in a user-friendly format that will appeal to the novice as well as the experienced website manager.
In the world of website construction and management, is it any wonder so many users turn to WordPress for all of their website needs?]]>