WordPress is one of the leading content management systems currently in use. Its popularity is due to a number of features that provide great benefits to the user.
FEATURES OF WORDPRESS
Website users always look for a content management system (CMS) that is easy to use, and few, if any, are as easy to use in their applications as WordPress. Some of the features offered by WordPress are:
• Themes: users have a variety of themes to choose from, and they may switch themes whenever they like. This, of course, means that the user can change the look and functions of the website without changing the content or structure.
• Plugins: WordPress has over 18,000 plugins available to users, which of course means rich opportunities for users to extend the capabilities of the website.
• Widgets: Drag-and-drop sidebars and modules that make the website more functional.
• Multi-user and multi-blogging: the newest feature of WordPress, this means that a user can operate several blogs from the one website, and moderate all the blogs from a single dashboard, or administrative site. Ease of use....that's what WordPress is all about.
• Mobiles: Applications such as WebOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Blackberry, can all be used through the WordPress administrative panel.
• Additional features include: integrated link management, user-friendly permalink structure, multiple categories to articles, and automatic filters.
In addition, these other great benefits and features are available to all WordPress users:
• Full standards compliance (updated continually)
• No rebuilding (changes are made automatically without starting all over)
• WordPress Links
• WordPress Themes
• Cross-blog communication tools
• Comment section (easy to use by all visitors)
• Spam protection
• Password protected posts
• Easy installation and upgrades
• Intelligent text formatting
• Typographical niceties
• Easy importing
• EML-RPC Interface
• Ping-o-Matic exposure
• Full-user registration to allow comments on website
And the list goes on and on. Bottom line is this: website managers and users want ease of use. They want as many capabilities as possible, and they want to use those capabilities without having a Masters in Computer Science. WordPress offers those capabilities in a user-friendly format that will appeal to the novice as well as the experienced website manager.
In the world of website construction and management, is it any wonder so many users turn to WordPress for all of their website needs?]]>
Choosing the correct content management system is a crucial step in developing your website. Yes, there are many to choose from, but only one CMS offers as much as Joomla CMS.
What makes Joomla the number one CMS is its wide array of features, and all features are customer-friendly. In the world of technology, customer-friendly are catch-words that are so very important. Let's take a look at a few of the features that make Joomla the go-to content management system.
• Easy updates on a click: There is nothing complicated about Joomla. In fact, it was designed with the customer in mind, the average customer who has a minimum of tech knowledge. With easy-to-use instructions, updating your site is as simple as a single click of your mouse. At the same time, Joomla is so very easy for web developers to use. It truly is the CMS that appeals to customers and web developers as well.
• Smart search: Joomla has been designed so that any search is a streamlined search that goes right to the information that is needed.
• Customized templates: You can choose to design your own template or use the templates already offered on Joomla. The ones offered are numerous and include the best in readability and ease of handling.
• Easy navigation: Most people will tell you, and studies have shown, that the number one concern for anyone on a website is the ease of navigation. Time is short and people are in a hurry in today's world. The last thing needed is confusion while trying to steer a course on a website. Joomla makes it oh so simple!
• Plenty of plug-ins: No matter what it is you want to add to your Joomla site, you have that capability with a wide-array of available plug-ins.
• SEO friendly: Yes, SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is so very important, and Joomla sites are designed to make the most of optimal keywords so that search engines will recognize your input.
• Back-end maintenance: On Joomla, maintenance is as easy as opening the administrative window and following simple instructions.
• Multiple database support: Joomla has been designed so that it can be operated on multiple database systems, making it the CMS most adaptable to any system.
In the business world, the website is king! No other technological advancement has produced the instant results that a well-designed website can produce. With that in mind, don't you think it best to use the number one content management system? If you answered yes to that question, then Joomla CMS is the only choice!]]>